Hey there Kitties,
For all my regular customers, you will have noticed the website had a rather sexy revamp in July (2018) and with the update came a change of packaging.
I used to retail my glitters in large and small pots. In an effort to become a little greener as a company I decided to change my packaging to that of plastic baggies. Now, I know I’m switching plastic for more plastic…but here is my reasoning behind it.
- As most of you know, 99% of the work is done by lil’ ol’ me 🙂 and you, my lovely glitter junkies, like to keep me super busy. So, by switching to baggies I have cut my packaging time by 75%!
- Yes, I’ve switched one plastic for another, but it’s a lot less plastic, just compare a pot to a bag and you’ll see that.
- The bag’s are easily recyclable, simply remove the glitter then pop in the recycling bin! Simples.
- The bags take up a lot less room, so not only does it mean I need less storage space for each individual collection, it also means that I have more room available for stock, so all your favourite limited edition collections can be kept in stock longer.
- By using less packaging for the glitter itself, it means I need less packaging. All orders are now sent in fully recyclable poly mailers. less waste, and easier to dispose of.
- And finally…you get more glitter for less money. I’ve shown average weight below for you.
- Large Pot – 10ml – Approx. 3-6grams, depending on the glitter
- Small Pot – 5ml – 1-4grams, depending on the glitter
- Baggy – Either 5grams OR 2 headped 5ml scoops (This is for the very light glitter or super chunky shapes).
I’ve have created custom made folders and pockets to store all your fabulous new glitter bags in, and also retail tin glitter pots for use when creating beautiful nails.
Yes, I’m aware glitter is a micro plastic, so I’m doing my best to source suitable eco friendly glitters to replace the current lines.
I’m trying to do the best I can to try and make a difference, hopefully these little changes will help to keep our planet happy, and our nails sparkly!